ga('create', 'UA-74507243-1', 'auto');
“This is more than a crash course in selling shots. It’s a hands-on guide to establishing your future in professional photography!”
Going Pro – How to Make Money Through Your Photography ~ digitalphotographyschool.com
Here’s what you will find inside the step-by-step action guide:
A simple 4-part recipe: actionable, interactive guide with checklists and worksheets to help you get started:
1. Build the foundation:
This is the part where you “set up shop” – choose a business name, get your legal ducks in a row and create website that stands out and ranks well for search (SEO).
Includes: a website checklist, avatar worksheet, SEO advice for photographers from web designer and developer, Alex Vita, and a legal checklist for photographers by attorney-at-law, Rachel Rogers.
2. Grow your network:
This step is all about spreading the word – establishing connections and growing awareness for your photographic goods and services.
Includes: a networking pitch worksheet from a professional networking coach, Deena Baikowitz, a social media checklist with a wealth of expert tips for using these channels to promote your business and advice about good old offline networking as well.
3. Fuel momentum with savvy marketing and sales:
Now that you’ve put your business out there and started to get some interest, this part is about keeping the momentum going and reaping the financial rewards of all your hard work!
Includes: basic sales and marketing checklists and an interview with Amy Frances Fraher, a New York City photo rep, on how to get noticed.
4. Stay inspired:
It’s important to surround yourself with support for your new entrepreneurial journey, to maintain your positivity and help you persist. In this part, you’ll read inspiring stories of how other photographers went pro.
Includes: profiles on 10 professional photographers and how they got their first gig!
Going Pro – How to make money through your photography…If you dream about making money through your passion…
This is your chance to make it happen!
Have you ever heard the words, “Wow. These shots are great! You’re good enough to be a professional photographer, you know that?” and wondered if could be so?
Today you can stop wondering if you’ve got what it takes with this dPS exclusive kit, Going Pro: How To Make Money Through Your Photography.
This comprehensive kit has been put together for one specific purpose – to help you profit from your photography passion.
Authored and compiled by experienced magazine photo editor, Kelly Kingman, it includes three valuable resources:
- Going Pro: How To Make Money From Your Photography – 91 pages of first-hand experience to help you sell your images the way you want
- 2 hours of audio download interviews – with pro photography experts Susannah Conway, Charles Borst, Suzanne Sease and Christina Villaflors
- NEW! Recipe for Success – an actionable 4-part guide to getting started and finding business success through professional photography
This kit will take you to the tipping point…
Your goal might be some extra cash or perhaps a full-time career. Either way, this kit will kick-start you on your way.
Armed with our resources and Kelly Kingman’s decades of experience working in photography – you’ll finally leap to becoming a professional photographer.
“But I wouldn’t know where to start!”
Relax. In Going Pro: How To Make Money Through Your Photography, Kelly steps you though exactly what you need to do to earn money from your photography (see a screenshot of the index to see the full range of topics here).
Choose a business model that fits your working style:
- Photography as a service, including editorial and commercial assignments
- Photography as a product, which covers fine art, selling prints and stock
- Other options: teaching, phototourism, blogging and more
Kelly explains each option, shows you how to get started and profiles experts who work in the field:
- Buyers of photography at publications, ad agencies and design firms.
- A progressive New York City gallerist and a fine art photographer
- A photography marketing consultant and a stock photography consultant
- The top-selling microstock shooter in the world
- A successful landscape photographer who turned his love of nature into a second career
- And many more
These candid insider insights, coupled with Kelly’s own experience, give you an honest, pragmatic view of the field – and show you a world of options you might not have known existed.
“Okay, but who’d want to buy my stuff?”
The second part of the ebook walks you through the process of selling your work:
- Understanding the basics of marketing
- Preparing a professional portfolio and website
- Choosing your speciality.
- Learning the secrets of selling photography services
- Mastering the art of selling your photographs
This is more than a crash course in selling shots: it’s a hands-on guide to establishing your future in professional photography.
“And after that?”
You’ve got the skills, you understand your market and you’re all set to go pro!
In the final part of this practical ebook, Kelly provides access to scores of her favourite resources.
An invaluable toolkit, this section will point you to:
- Resources for protecting your work
- Consultants and associations
- Promotion and presentation tools
- Art fairs, contests and juried shows
- Portfolio review services
- Books, courses and more.
This handy toolkit will save you time and hassle long after you’ve moved into the exciting world of professional photography.
2 hours of audio download interviews with pros:
Buy the kit and you’ll also receive four complete audio interviews (totalling 2 hours) with photography experts:
- Susannah Conway (photography teacher and author) – shares her story about how blogging kicked off a full-time business teaching people about photography online
- Charles Borst (Director of Photography, Education Week) – lets you know what he looks for in a photographer and advice on developing your style
- Suzanne Sease (photography marketing consultant) – gives expert tips on creating a great portfolio and getting it in front of the right people
- Christina Villaflor (art producer at TBWA ad agency) – shares her insights into how agencies work and the tips you need to meet with art directors
Let these experts guide you to make professional photography a fulfilling and rewarding part of your life.
These instantly downloadable audio files are like your own, personal professional photography consultants. Listen and learn![/fullwidth]